- I may not find anything. I tend to try on lots of clothes, but walk out without anything. At least I've given it a wholehearted try.
- I need to try on everything that I like even if the size on it isn't my regular size. Does size really matter? I don't think size should matter as long as it fits and you love it. I have sizes from XS to XL in my closet. I buy what flatters and fits.
- I have to look at everything and I mean each item, so it's going to take a long time. There are times that I glance over everything and say there isn't anything I like, but if I take my time I end up with an armful to try on.
- I need to keep an open mind about the possibilities that each piece may contain. Sometimes I pass up amazing pieces, but if I go back I find something awesome. I didn't like the blouse I found here, but when I went back I thought about how I would wear it and I snatched it up.
- I need to think about what I already have that I can pair with my new item. I don't want to buy something that will require me to buy another item to pair it with. I want to be able to incorporate whatever I buy into my closet.
- I must look over each item and see if it has any damage or stains. If something has a small stain that can be overlooked or can be covered by a pretty brooch, then I don't mind it. If it has a missing button, I can replace it. If it has something I can't repair or hide, I don't buy it.
- I will only buy what speaks to me, not just another pair of jeans. I have way too many jeans and while they serve a purpose, I don't need any more.
- I can't buy anything that will require me to buy a new pair of shoes. I am almost at my max closet shoe space. That real estate is reserved for the most special pair of shoes, the must haves that I can't walk out of the store without. I do have my eye out for a yellow pair. And a red pair.
- I have to pick work appropriate items or justify when and where and how many times I will wear it. I hate buying something and only wearing it once or not at all.
- I will have lots of fun! I love shopping even if I don't find something.
I hope these thrifting contemplations are helpful.